CNN.com - RSS Channel - App International Edition
CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
last updated: za 24 2021 - 03:21
- Olympic athletes struggle with 'brutal' weather
- Algerian Olympian withdraws from Games due to potential matchup with Israeli competitor
- See Tokyo 2020 Olympics from above
CNN's Will Ripley takes a look at the city of Tokyo ahead of the 2020 Olympics, where a growing number of athletes have tested positive for Covid-19 and venues sit nearly empty.
- Why would anyone trust Brexit Britain again?
- British lawmaker thrown out for calling Boris Johnson a liar
Dawn Butler, an MP for Britain's Labour Party, was thrown out for breaking the rules in the House of Commons.
- Thousands join Pride event in Hungary as LGBTQ people face growing hostility
Tens of thousands of people were expected to join the annual Pride celebrations in Budapest on Saturday, with many already marching in colorful outfits across the Hungarian capital in support of inclusion and freedom.
- Why North Korea is so afraid of K-pop
North Korea is doubling down on its culture war, warning citizens to stay away from all things South Korean -- including its fashion, music, hairstyles and even slang.
- Taiwan fears a cyber 'World War III'
As China steps up military pressure on Taiwan, the self-governing island is preparing for the next big frontier of warfare: crippling cyberattacks.
- The big reason why Canada and the UK are beating the US on vaccinations
- A US hospital just hit its all-time high for Covid cases. But the county fair that attracts thousands won't be canceled
Amy Tignor remembers the crowds that attended the Ozark Empire Fair's rides, concerts and livestock shows in past years.
- Genocide denial to be punished by jail in Bosnia
Bosnia's outgoing international peace overseer decreed amendments to its criminal code on Friday to allow jail terms for the denial of the 1995 Srebrenica genocide, a frequently expressed view among nationalist Serbs.
- Dating app match turns in Jan. 6 suspect who allegedly whipped police
Yet another US Capitol suspect was caught this week, all thanks to his Bumble match.
- 'The biggest mistake of my life': Why this woman is turning on Bolsonaro
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro is the subject of public wrath over his mismanagement of the Covid crisis and a growing vaccine scandal that could engulf his presidency. CNN's Isa Soares reports.
- Radio host changes his tune on vaccines -- after he was hospitalized
For months, conservative Nashville, Tennessee-based radio host Phil Valentine has repeatedly made posts on multiple social media platforms telling his fans that if they weren't at risk for Covid-19, they shouldn't get the vaccine.
- Dr. Gupta: Traveling to the Olympics was like traveling to cover a natural disaster
When I first told my medical colleagues that I would be traveling 14 hours to Tokyo, they looked at me with a bit of surprise, then hesitantly told me simply to "be safe." It is the same reaction I have often received when jetting off to cover a natural disaster, like the earthquake in Haiti, or a conflict, like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. This time, however, the mission was to report on how people from all over the globe would converge for the Olympic games in a city under a state of emergency due to the pandemic.