CNN.com - RSS Channel - App International Edition
CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
last updated: za 20 2019 - 04:42
- Tensions soar after Iran seizes tanker
- UK vows 'serious consequences' if Iran doesn't release British-flagged oil tanker
- An American visited her boyfriend in Canada. Both were found dead on a remote highway
A young American woman and her Australian boyfriend had set out to explore British Columbia when they were found dead on a remote Canadian highway.
- Hong Kong police make 'largest ever' seizure of explosives
Police in Hong Kong have seized what is thought to be the largest ever cachet of high-powered explosives uncovered in the city, in a raid Friday night on a suspected bomb-making factory.
- How Trump's 2020 reelection strategy could work -- but probably won't
First things first: The theme song of the week is the theme from The Larry Sanders Show.
- NRA struggles to maintain influence in 2020 race
The National Rifle Association was already reeling from leadership shakeups and allegations of financial mismanagement when it dropped another bombshell.
- She's her nation's most prominent female politician. And she's just been abducted from her house
One of Libya's most prominent female politicians has been abducted from her home in Benghazi by an armed militia, according to her family, and has not been heard from for three days.
- Should you be scared of sharing your pics with FaceApp?
FaceApp is fun, it's free, but the existential dread you feel when you stare into the eyes of your elderly self might not be the creepiest thing about the app. CNN's Jon Sarlin looks into why apps like FaceApp could be more than they seem.
- What a doctor wishes patients knew about the end
As a hospice and palliative medicine physician, my job is to help reduce suffering. At the end of life, that job becomes especially intense when time is short, when machines and data seem to be taking over, and so many intense emotions surround a body that is trying to die.
- 50 years after US moon landing, China is catching up in the space race
Fifty years ago, when the Apollo 11 astronauts became the first human beings to land on the moon, the Chinese space program had yet to launch a single satellite.
- Elon Musk hopes to put a computer chip in your brain. Who wants one?
This week Elon Musk unveiled his most sci-fi project thus far: a computer chip connected to exceptionally slender wires with electrodes on them, all of which is meant to be embedded in a person's brain by a surgical robot. The implant would connect wirelessly to a small behind-the-ear receiver that could communicate with a computer.
- He jumped on a plane wing as it prepared for takeoff
A man who climbed onto the wing of a plane as it prepared for takeoff at the airport in Nigeria's Lagos city has been arrested, authorities said.
- The 500-year battle over 'who is American' continues
Donald Trump's attack on four freshman Democratic congresswomen fits into a long tradition of people in power trying to define who is a real American—and an equally long tradition of resistance from those whom the powerful are trying to define out of the country.
- Golfers row after caddie's mom hit by stray ball
His drive hit his playing partner's caddie's mom, but Kyle Stanley's refusal to shout "fore" sparked a war of words in the Open at Royal Portrush Friday.
- McIlroy failure a victory for the human spirit
He was fighting for his honor.