CNN.com - RSS Channel - App International Edition
CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
last updated: za 24 2022 - 05:18
- Young Iranians are rising up against decades of repression -- arguably bolder than ever
- 'I'm frightened': Women open up about Iran's hijab law following police custody death
Iranian women share their thoughts on the country's requirement to wear hijabs (or headscarves) following the death of Mahsa Amini, who died after being arrested by morality police in Tehran.
- Western countries slam Russian-backed 'sham' referendums in Ukraine
- Chaos at Russian borders as Russians flee Putin's partial mobilization
- The conditions are perfect for a populist resurgence in Europe
On Sunday night, it is widely expected that Giorgia Meloni will become Italy's first female prime minister.
- Post-tropical cyclone Fiona slams Canada's Atlantic coast
- Fiona rips through Canada's eastern seaboard
Hurricane Fiona, now referred to as a post-tropical cyclone, has made landfall in Nova Scotia, racing through Canada's Atlantic seaboard early Saturday in what could be a "landmark" weather event for the country.
- Meteorologist: Fiona could be Canada's Super Storm Sandy
Canadians are bracing for what could be the strongest storm to ever hit their country's coast. But that's not the only storm threatening the Atlantic at the moment. CNN's Tom Sater has more.
- The January 6 hearings must go on
On September 28, Democratic Rep. Bennie Thompson of Mississippi has confirmed the January 6 House select committee (which Thompson chairs) will hold its next and possibly final hearing. The details remain unclear other than it won't be held during primetime.
- 'What happened in Pakistan will not stay in Pakistan,' flood-ravaged country warns UN
Pakistan's Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has warned that climate change will not spare other countries the sort of disaster that left up to one third of his country underwater and millions of its children at risk of water-borne diseases.
- See Russian men bussed away to fight in Putin's war
Russian men are being conscripted as a part of Putin's "partial mobilization" to fight in Ukraine. CNN's Matthew Chance reports.
- See this week's must-watch videos
- NASA waves off next Artemis I launch attempt due to tropical storm
The Artemis I rocket will not have its third launch attempt on Tuesday as planned due to concerns over Tropical Storm Ian making its way toward Cuba and Florida.
- Race and power collide in a fight over sacred rock art in remote Australia
Near a dry, red rock peninsula on Australia's far western coast, a dusty highway separates two communities with contrasting fortunes tied to an ancient land.
- CNN embeds with US Coast Guard as growing numbers of migrants make dangerous overseas trip
CNN's Priscilla Alvarez embedded with border officials on the water off the Southern coast of Florida where she witnessed the growing trend of migrants arriving in the US on makeshift boats.