CNN.com - RSS Channel - App International Edition
CNN.com delivers up-to-the-minute news and information on the latest top stories, weather, entertainment, politics and more.
last updated: za 15 2020 - 06:42
- Trump's birtherism attack on Harris is killing the Republican Party
- Taiwan risks being caught up in the power struggle between the United States and China
It took less than 24 hours after United States Secretary of Health and Human Services Alex Azar touched down in Taiwan, in an historic visit intended to convey President Donald Trump's support for the democratic island, for China to deliver its own message.
- The US-China fight began with trade. Now it's the one thing still working for them
Tensions between the United States and China have soared as the two superpowers fight over everything from the coronavirus pandemic, human rights and Hong Kong, to who controls the technologies of the future.
- USPS will stop removing letter collection boxes in Western states until after the election, spokesman says
The US Postal Service will stop taking letter collection boxes off streets in Western states following accusations the removals would further limit some voters ability to send back mail-in ballots.
- Trump orders TikTok's Chinese-owned parent company to divest interest in US operations
President Donald Trump issued an executive order Friday evening directing ByteDance, the Chinese-owned parent company of TikTok, to divest interest in the app's US operations within the next 90 days.
- New Zealand records seven new locally transmitted cases as latest outbreak continues
- A 12-year-old girl was caught on camera gambling at an Australian casino
A 12-year-old girl was among three minors caught gambling at a casino in Sydney, Australia, regulators said Saturday.
- Marge Simpson responds to Trump adviser's Kamala Harris comparison
Doh! Politics have really gotten serious when a beloved but fictional animated character feels compelled to defend herself against a real-world slight.
- Amanpour asks Kushner to apologize for Trump's attack on Harris. Hear his response
- Hong Kong media tycoon says 'the fight has to go on' after 'symbolic' arrest under new law
Hong Kong media tycoon Jimmy Lai has called his arrest a "symbolic exercise" by local authorities to demonstrate that the sweeping national security law imposed by Beijing last month has "teeth."
- US hospitals 'scrambling' after Trump admin's 'abrupt' change to Covid-19 data reporting requirements
- Inside the multibillion dollar vaccine race
- Must-watch videos of the week
- Greenland's ice sheet has melted to point of no return
Greenland's ice sheet has melted to a point of no return, and efforts to slow global warming will not stop it from disintegrating. That's according to a new study by researchers at Ohio State University.
- Belarus riot police drop shields and are embraced by anti-government protesters
At least 50 Belarus security personnel in riot gear dropped their shields and were embraced by anti-government protesters in Minsk, as demonstrators chanted "brothers" at the police.